What happens to accounts, access, and equipment when an employee's employment at UWL ends?
When an employee's employment at UWL completes the following actions will be taken:
- The employee's accounts and access (NetID, email account, WINGS account, etc.) will be revoked by 10am the day following their last official day of employment.
- The employee's ID card will cease functioning on campus by 4:45am following their last official day of employment.
- The employee's voice mail will be disabled.
- The former employee's direct supervisor is responsible for any data (files, emails, etc.) that were held by the employee. The supervisor should work with the employee during out-processing to make sure the department retains any information they require. Please contact the Eagle Help Desk if you require assistance (www.uwlax.edu/helpdesk).
- ITS will schedule a time with the department/unit to collect the former employee's computing equipment. The equipment will be serviced and then delivered back to the department/unit it was collected from.
- Removing accounts, system access, etc. to resources not managed by ITS are the responsibility of the supervisor. The supervisor should work with the employee during out-processing to identify what will need to be removed after the employee's last day of employment.