How do UW-L students get Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus for Students?
Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students allows students to download, install, and use Microsoft Office at no cost
. To take advantage of this service follow these steps:
- Visit portal.microsoftonline.com and enter your UW-L email address where prompted (ex: email@example.com). Please note you will then be redirected to UW-L's login screen.
- When prompted enter your UW-L NetID password. Your email address will already be in the username box and should be left there. If you have forgotten or need to reset your UW-L NetID password visit www.uwlax.edu/password.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the software for your device.
- When launching the software for the first time you will be asked to log in to activate Microsoft Office. Use your full UW-L email address and NetID password to activate Office.
Some information to be aware of when using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students.
- Students will be able to download and install Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus for Students on up to five personal devices.
- The software is available for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and other mobile operating systems.
- The features of Office 365 ProPlus for Students mirror the same Microsoft Office currently available on campus.
- Devices must check-in with Microsoft at least once every 30 days to retain their activation for Office.
- Students will lose access to the free software once they discontinue enrollment at UW-L. They may purchase a subscription to Microsoft Office if they would like to continue to have access to the software after leaving UW-L.